'The apartment' by K.L Slater

Rating: 2.5 stars
No spoilers but does reveal some things!

This book has a really good premise for a story but kind of fails to reach its potential. I did like the actual plot but it was almost rushed. Like right from the offset everything about Adder House seems a little dodgy and Freya is suspicious, so there isn't really a build up of tension for us, which personally I found to be underwhelming in the end. I think if it was a little less rushed, and it really took its time to for things to get scary, it would have been super thrilling, but I just felt underwhelmed in the end. That being said, I did finish the book, which means it did something right. I am a fan of Slater's work, but not my fave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'She lies in wait' by Gytha Lodge

'Codename Villanelle' by Like Jennings

'Reclaimed' by Sarah Guillory