'She lies in wait' by Gytha Lodge
Rating: 51983. 6 friends woke in a stupor into a nightmare. One of them was missing.
30 years later, Aurora Jackson's remains are finally found in a secret hideaway, known only by the friends. Who would you trust?
Wow! I don't know exactly what I was expecting with this book, but I was very happily surprised by how much I liked it! I managed to read this book very quickly, and could not put it down. I absolutely loved the writing style, and I appreciated the third person style. There weren't any parts where I had felt the book dragged, which I feel happens while reading some books of a similar nature. The pace was also great, it was gradually built up till the end.
The actual story telling, I found very interesting. If you love crime-solving type stories, this book is for you. There is a real progression, and insight of how the detectives worked through the investigation, it felt very realistic. And the small twists and turns in the plot kept it all very interesting.
Now, I read a few reviews that said this book is predictable, but I have to say that I could not work out what happened until it was actually revealed! And unlike some other mystery novels, I wasn't disappointed with the end, it was strange because it was obvious but at the same time masterfully hidden. I loved Sheens, and all of his team, the way they all worked together, and I can't wait for more books following them. I also liked the side story of Hanson, and her ex, and the progression she went through.
I was trying to think of negatives of the book, and I honestly couldn't think of much. Perhaps some parts were a little hazy, but I think that was the desired affect of Lodge. And I guess part of me wanted a slightly different ending, though I was still pleased with what had happened.
Thank you to net galley for an early copy in exchange for a review!
Comments
Post a Comment