'If I can't have you' by Charlotte Levin

Rating 3 stars


Very undecided about this book. I guess I like the premise of it but the actual characters I found to be very annoying. Constance was such a frustrating narrator, obviously she is completely deluded and you see how tries to explain all of her crazy actions, but there’s also such a childish undertone that really makes her character unlikeable. Dr Stevens... what a scumbag, I hated him, which definitely made me feel sympathy for Constance but there’s definitely a feeling of...surely his character should have been a lot more charming or something in order to justify why Constance went so crazy for him in particular. I guessed the ending quite early on, and while it was interesting to see how Constance was at the end, to really drive home that she was disturbed, I didn’t really love it. Lot of negatives there, but for what its worth, the book did keep me hooked, and I still did enjoy it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'She lies in wait' by Gytha Lodge

'Codename Villanelle' by Like Jennings

'Reclaimed' by Sarah Guillory