'The house on the lake' By Nuala Ellwood
Rating: 3.5 stars
This book definitely kept me on my toes. Its one of those books that really transforms to another world, in this case a world of a girl growing up isolated from the rest of the village. The other side of the story took you through a mothers struggle of trying to survive in this creepy house on the lake with her child all the while looking over her shoulder; scared that her husband was going to come and rip her world away from her.
I did like the story, and the writing. I liked how unique Grace's story was, and the childlike narrative really added to the story. I did like Lisa's story though it was a bit more frustrating to read.
I think this book worked well, not necessarily as a thriller though. Although the ending was unpredictable for me, it didn't make me gasp or feel too surprised.
This book definitely kept me on my toes. Its one of those books that really transforms to another world, in this case a world of a girl growing up isolated from the rest of the village. The other side of the story took you through a mothers struggle of trying to survive in this creepy house on the lake with her child all the while looking over her shoulder; scared that her husband was going to come and rip her world away from her.
I did like the story, and the writing. I liked how unique Grace's story was, and the childlike narrative really added to the story. I did like Lisa's story though it was a bit more frustrating to read.
I think this book worked well, not necessarily as a thriller though. Although the ending was unpredictable for me, it didn't make me gasp or feel too surprised.
Comments
Post a Comment