'The perfect widow' By A.M. Castle
Rating: 3 stars
Thank you NetGalley for an advance copy in exchange for my honest review!
I do hate leaving a bad review, because I appreciate how long it takes to write a book, but I have to say this book was not great. The only way I can describe it is very rambling and over-explained. I think the plot does have potential to be interesting, and I liked how it ended, but there needs to be changes in how its written to do it justice.
Most of the book was about how Louise Bridges was lusting after this one man, and basically her journey to get him. The writer seems to have this writing style where every single point rambles on for ages, and is repeated again and again. There was also a few story lines that didn't seem at all relevant (what was the purpose of Pete?). I didn't mind Becca's POV, but was struggling to see why she even suspected Louise, since her evidence was quite far fetched.
I didn't mind the plot, and liked that it ended with Louise getting away with it, though as said before its not surprising that she did get away with it since Becca's evidence was terrible. Anyway, I wouldn't really class this as a thriller, it was somewhat of a romance with a sudden out-of-the-blue twist at the end. I give it 3 stars because I did enjoy bits of it and it does have potential!
Thank you NetGalley for an advance copy in exchange for my honest review!
I do hate leaving a bad review, because I appreciate how long it takes to write a book, but I have to say this book was not great. The only way I can describe it is very rambling and over-explained. I think the plot does have potential to be interesting, and I liked how it ended, but there needs to be changes in how its written to do it justice.
Most of the book was about how Louise Bridges was lusting after this one man, and basically her journey to get him. The writer seems to have this writing style where every single point rambles on for ages, and is repeated again and again. There was also a few story lines that didn't seem at all relevant (what was the purpose of Pete?). I didn't mind Becca's POV, but was struggling to see why she even suspected Louise, since her evidence was quite far fetched.
I didn't mind the plot, and liked that it ended with Louise getting away with it, though as said before its not surprising that she did get away with it since Becca's evidence was terrible. Anyway, I wouldn't really class this as a thriller, it was somewhat of a romance with a sudden out-of-the-blue twist at the end. I give it 3 stars because I did enjoy bits of it and it does have potential!
Comments
Post a Comment