'Close to you' by Kerry Wilkinson

Rating 4 stars
 *somewhat of a spoiler*
I am unsure of how to feel about this book. I definitely liked it more than I didn't like it. I absolutely loved LOVED the writing style, it was so clear and it flowed really nicely. I liked the 2 tenses, switching between 'The now' and 'The why'; it really helped to build the suspense up. The characters were also pretty solid. I didn't want to stop reading it until I found out what happened, it had me hooked. The pretence of the story is so clever, and quite original too.

Now the only thing that lets it down for me is the ending. Since the build up was so big, I guess I was just expecting it to be something more exciting then a scorned lover seeking revenge. It also felt like it ended quite suddenly. The only thing I liked about the ending is that is ended on a little bit of a cliffhanger... whether its for the reader to decide or perhaps a sequel, who knows but it was a nice little touch.

Thank you to Netgalley for an advanced copy in exchange for a review!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'She lies in wait' by Gytha Lodge

'Codename Villanelle' by Like Jennings

'Reclaimed' by Sarah Guillory