'When I lost you' by Merilyn Davies

Rating: 3.5
A baby is found dead and the pathologist points the finger at the mum. Though another murder and an intriguing letter leads this investigation onto a more confusing turn of events that dates back a bit further than imagined.

I did enjoy this book, it was definitely a page turner that kept you hooked till the end. I wasn't able to predict exactly what was going to happen but I wasn't that far off, and to be honest I was a little disappointed with the ending. It was a somewhat satisfying ending, a little bit confusing at times.

I loved the writing style and the characters, my favourite was Carla and Nell, I loved the progression of their relationship and the backstory of Carla as well. This could easily become a series following the team onto the next investigation, which I would happily read.

A great thriller with a nice twist!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'She lies in wait' by Gytha Lodge

'Codename Villanelle' by Like Jennings

'Reclaimed' by Sarah Guillory