'The nowhere child' by Christian White
4 Stars
What would you do if you discovered that you were a missing child? The nowhere child?
I had managed to finish this book in one setting; it was an absolute page turner. There were 2 alternate tenses: past and present, or 'now' and 'then' if you will. I think the story did flow quite nicely, and I couldn't predict what was going to happen.
I did like most of the characters though I have to say Kim/Sammy was not one of my favourites by a long shot. Her character was quite dull, despite what was happening in her life, and her attitude to a lot of things seemed very neutral. I did like the difference in first and third person between the 'now' and 'then' sections, it showed a good contrast, and it was nice to see the POV of many characters.
Around 80% of the way through I wasn't that happy with what was happening, but the book definitely redeemed itself in the last remaining chapters. White's style was writing was clear, and enjoyable.
A great mystery/thriller read!
What would you do if you discovered that you were a missing child? The nowhere child?
I had managed to finish this book in one setting; it was an absolute page turner. There were 2 alternate tenses: past and present, or 'now' and 'then' if you will. I think the story did flow quite nicely, and I couldn't predict what was going to happen.
I did like most of the characters though I have to say Kim/Sammy was not one of my favourites by a long shot. Her character was quite dull, despite what was happening in her life, and her attitude to a lot of things seemed very neutral. I did like the difference in first and third person between the 'now' and 'then' sections, it showed a good contrast, and it was nice to see the POV of many characters.
Around 80% of the way through I wasn't that happy with what was happening, but the book definitely redeemed itself in the last remaining chapters. White's style was writing was clear, and enjoyable.
A great mystery/thriller read!
Comments
Post a Comment