'Pretty in Punxsutawney' by Laurie Boyle Crompton
Andie is a teenage, romance-movie aficionado. After a move to a new town in PA, Andie gets caught in a time-loop. What does she have to learn before the curse is finally broken?
I was very excited upon reading the description of this book, I absolutely love the idea of the time-loop. Of course this is a theme that has been done many times before, so I was looking for something new and exciting from this book. Needless to say, I don't think I necessarily found it. Although this was a cute read, it was a little anti-climatic. I did enjoy the message behind the story, of looking past stereotypes and labels, something that is relevant in this day and age but this book just didn't have the spark I was looking for.
I do still think it is a good read, lots of nice 1980s throwbacks!
I was very excited upon reading the description of this book, I absolutely love the idea of the time-loop. Of course this is a theme that has been done many times before, so I was looking for something new and exciting from this book. Needless to say, I don't think I necessarily found it. Although this was a cute read, it was a little anti-climatic. I did enjoy the message behind the story, of looking past stereotypes and labels, something that is relevant in this day and age but this book just didn't have the spark I was looking for.
I do still think it is a good read, lots of nice 1980s throwbacks!
Comments
Post a Comment