'Gone by midnight' by Candice Fox

Rating: 4.5 stars

I absolutely loved this book! It took a while to get through because I was so busy, and normally I would have lost interest in a book after taking so long to read it, but I kept coming back. I didn't realise that this was the third book in a series until about half way through, but it didn't affect my understanding of what was happening at all, though I probably won't go back and read the other 2 books, just because the author explained the situations in this book.

I was very intrigued by Ted's character, and Fox did an excellent job of expressing his feelings and thought-processes. Amanda took a little getting used to for me, but I did end up loving her character, and she brought a little flair to the book.

I wouldn't say that the book was predictable, I did have a few thoughts about what was going to happen, and Fox had a good couple of red herrings in there to throw you off, and in the end I was surprised with the ending. Normally in these sorts of books the endings can be quite morbid but I really enjoyed the closure of this book. The only thing I would say is I did feel the ending was a little out of nowhere, though in the beginning there were references to the 'killer' but they didn't pop up again throughout the book, so when it was revealed it felt a little unexpected. Which I guess in some ways are good for a mystery ending!

Thank you for net galley for an early copy of this book.

I would recommend if you are a fan of mystery/thriller books!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'She lies in wait' by Gytha Lodge

'Codename Villanelle' by Like Jennings

'Reclaimed' by Sarah Guillory