'Windfall' by Jennifer. E Smith
Windfall... It is exactly what it says on the tin. Alice is helplessly in love with her best friend, Teddy. And she gives him the best present without even realising it, a winning lottery ticket. But as things start to look up for Teddy, their relationship suffers. All Alice wanted was love, she got a windfall instead.When I first started this book, I was convinced I would hate it. However as I continued reading, falling deeper into the characters lives, and I slowly fell in love with the simplicity and purity of this book. When it comes down to it, this book is about love. Love between family, friends. The story curved and although the ending is slightly predictable, it doesn't take the path you think it would.
Alice has a a heavy past, with her parents death, is left staying with her Aunt and Uncles. Throughout this novel, she realises the love they have for her, and though she can't help but miss her parents, she sees the family that is standing right in front of her.
Teddy is a sweet, impulsive character. It is hard at times to understand the infatuation Alice seems to have with him, but there are moments where he makes my heart swell.
A beautiful read about friendship, grief, and finding yourself.
Comments
Post a Comment