'One summer Paris' by Denise Grover Swank

Sophie Brooks and her brother, Eric, are forced to spend their summer in Paris, with their father and his new bride-to-be. Sophie wants to do anything but have to spend 8 weeks with their father who abandoned them just 6 months ago, but she has no choice. What makes matters worse is her stepsister, Camille, who tries everything in power to make this the summer of nightmares for Sophie. Enter a cute french boy, embarrassing situations, and exciting opportunities, and this will be the summer that Sophie never forgets.

I absolutely adored this book. I related to Sophie's character, and the way Swank described her feelings and emotions made it feel like I was right there with her. Camille frustrated me profusely, adding tension and an element of drama to the story. There were times in this book where my teeth were clenched in anger, or tears in my eyes for heartbreak, and even giddily grinning in love. I just could not put this book down, and even sacrificed sleep to finish it.

That being said there were moments in the book where I disliked elements of the story line, and imagined it slightly differently. But I do think the story ended very nicely.

I highly recommend as a great summer read. The illustrative yet quirky style of Swank takes you on a journey making you fall in love with Paris, and only wish you were there in reality!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'She lies in wait' by Gytha Lodge

'Codename Villanelle' by Like Jennings

'Reclaimed' by Sarah Guillory