'Cross my heart' by Katie Klein

Jaden McEntyre: overachiever, 'save the world' attitude, Harvard bound, overall good girl. Parker Whalen: typical bad boy with a tarnished reputation. Put them together for an English project, and see to worlds collide.

Words cannot express the love I have for this book. I have read it so many times, but it manages to grip me every time. The truth is that this is a perfectly ordinary story about two people who fell in love that shouldn't have. And still with Klein's awesome writing style, and the turn the story took at the end, it will leave you in pieces.

I loved Jaden as a character. I think she was strong, and opinionated. Of course it was her too perfect-squeaky life that attracted her to Parker in the first place. He was unpredictable, dangerous, a self-proclaimed loner, that didn't care. There was definite character progression throughout the novel, Jaden starts to care less about what others thought of her. I don't think I even need to mention Parker, I absolutely fell in love with his character.

Highly recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'She lies in wait' by Gytha Lodge

'Codename Villanelle' by Like Jennings

'Reclaimed' by Sarah Guillory